Friday, March 12, 2010

An Olympic Fall

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to get some more movement from this blog.  I was the only one in the CCCO community without any posts and was trying to get some more interaction.  What I tried doing was giving the people who were reading here a purpose to post in the community.  In this case, with only a few exceptions, it didn't really take off.

However, sometimes it's the side effect which are the most effective.  For example, I learned from Lisa that many folks are reading the blog, not from the community, but from RSS readers.  (I as well use Google Reader for most of my blog reading.) This makes it very difficult to post as it requires going to a separate site.  This makes me think about whether I should be using outside websites as much as I do in my classes.  Also, I didn't give much in the terms of motivation.  Maybe I should have found a carrot to offer too.

So, while my Olympic idea didn't go viral, it wasn't a failure, but more of a fall.  Besides, while it didn't happen in the Olympics, it gives me a chance to show this video. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment