Friday, February 5, 2010

Accommodations

I suppose a big part of this blog is talking about things which come up you weren't planning for.  Well, one hit this morning.  I got an email from Roxanne asking me to make accommodations for a student with learning disabilities.

While this is something I have done many times in classes at PPCC, it's a first for me at CCCOnline.  However, it turned out not to be a big deal.  The student needed some extra time to complete timed exams.  Since I only have six Unit Exams and a Final which are timed, I only had seven items to fix.

In D2L, the project became even easier to complete.  I went to the Quiz and clicked on the pencil and went to the Restriction tab.  At the bottom is Special Access.  I gave the student special access, picked the time I wanted to give and saved.  All is done and it took me less than 15 minutes.

Sometimes, the surprises aren't that big a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment