Monday, April 12, 2010

Using Tabs and Email

While for the most part, I like D2L, there are a few things which drive me crazy.  One is if I open an email (I use the pop-up email and not the preview pane), I can't keep the email up, go to another place in the course and then send my response.  This makes it tough to check on assignments, grades, etc. which are the focus of the email.

Well, I may just have a solution.  Open your email, same as normal.  Then, right-click on the CCCOnline Logo and select "Open link in new tab".  (NOTE: This is the Chrome wording.  The same option is available for Firefox and IE, but with slightly different wording.)


Once you open the new tab, you can work in the second tab and respond to email from the first.  This allows you to have your cake and eat it too!



BTW- D2L, unlike Bb, doesn't have a problem with having multiple tabs (or windows) open at the same time.  Just be sure to logoff when you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment